Thursday, June 13, 2013

A quick recap

It was my birthday two weeks ago! I had such a fun day, because I only had to teach one hour and my one birthday request to Klaas was for him to be home in time. He's been crazy busy at work lately, which usually means working about two hours longer every day. He actually took the day off on my birthday, which I thought was so sweet of him. He made one of my favorite meals (his oven casserole) and we had my parents and my brother over for dinner. He got me two presents: The Impossible on dvd (I expected to cry the ugly cry, but no tears were shed. Tsk tsk, Joke!) and the new Dan Brown book. I started reading it a few days ago and I'm already loving it. It's actually my bath book, but it's so addictive that I might have to upgrade it to the status of couch book (more on that in a later post!). I'll be kind of busy correcting exams though, so book temptations may not be the way to go.

The Saturday after my birthday, we went out to dinner (we're very loyal customers at the Greek restaurant that is just around the corner from where we used to live in Ghent. We also went there the night of our civil wedding to celebrate, just the two of us) and then went to the movies. We saw The Big Wedding and I actually loved it. Movies like this one are right up my alley.
My handsome husband during our Greek dinner. Check out the ring I put on it.

We also had our first barbecue of the year. The weather wasn't actually great - it was rather chilly - but I enjoyed all of the deliciousness anyway!
 
 Chill cats. Like lol cats, but more relaxed.

Klaas's mom and stepdad are in America for three weeks. Their dog was supposed to stay at my sister-in-law's, but he didn't get along with her dog. So now Flurk is staying at our house for the remaining 2.5 weeks. Three dogs is a lot, but we can manage!

Sheldon getting tired from all that correcting...

You gotta love students sucking up. ^^

1 comment :