Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 39

Week 39 and...


... I'm still not tired of being pregnant. Sure, it's hard these days and yes, I've been saying goodbye to my pregnancy for weeks now, but I'm still not "done" with it. I'm really looking forward to holding the baby, seeing Klaas cuddle up with it, taking care of our own child, but I'm not really counting down until my due date. I'm in no hurry to give birth, which is probably partly because I'm scared of what will happen, but I also believe it's the upside of always thinking of that magical due date as a mere indication of around what time the baby might arrive. It's very likely that I'll go past that date, as a lot of pregnant women do, and I'd actually like to only give birth when I'm 41 weeks along. That would be February 2nd, the anniversary of my grandpa's death, and another sign that he's still with us...

Still a lot of pelvic pain, practice contractions, etc. Nothing new to report.

*** Since I'm actually a day late with this post (I did backdate it), I can also include the results of my check-up at the gynaecologist's this morning. The baby has dropped even further and is now completely "lodged" in my pelvis so it can't turn anymore. According to the little booklet they gave me at my first appointment (it's like a special mommy chart documenting your entire pregnancy) my cervix is "soft", so I guess that's good. I'm now dilated 1 centimeter, so there is some progress. I have another appointment scheduled for next Monday. I'll be 1 day late then. Oh, and I tested negative for Group B Strep! Yay for no antibiotics!

6 comments :

  1. 2 februari is inderdaad een goede dag om te bevallen! Ik heb pedagogische studiedag op 3 februari, dus kan dan in de vroege avond eens langskomen (als Arnaud dan al thuis is natuurlijk!). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tenzij ik pas tegen de avond beval he. ;)

      Delete
    2. allez ze, als Sofie dat nu zo mooi regelt, dan moet jij dat toch ook kunnen é

      Delete
  2. Boke, je ziet er echt super mooi uit. Ik kijk er naar uit om jullie boeleke te ontmoeten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zo leuk he! :) Allemaal goed nieuws!
    Ik had vandaag 1.5cm opening, ben eens langs gegaan omdat ik zoveel harde buiken en krampen had. Blijkt dat er al vrij veel activiteit was maar nog niet regelmatig genoeg. Ik ben benieuwd hoelang het nog gaat duren voor ons allebei!

    ReplyDelete