Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week 30

The big 3-0!


I intentionally dressed the same as in my 20-week photo, to clearly see how much bigger I've gotten over the past 10 weeks.


I still feel pretty much the same as I did last week (and the weeks before), but I've been having a looooot more Braxton-Hicks contractions. They say that you shouldn't have more than 10 a day, but I think I probably (easily) top that on "bad" days... Anyway, we went to the gynaecologist's on Thursday and I told her about the Braxton-Hicks contractions and so she did a quick check-up. I'm not dilated or effaced at all, so she said I shouldn't worry about them if they stay the way they are now. Still, I'm not 100% reassured. She also told me she couldn't tell us exactly how big/heavy the baby is already, but she did measure the thigh bone and concluded that it's "larger than average" and that I should take the "big" glucose tolerance test (there's also a small one that only takes an hour) to test for gestational diabetes! We're hopeful that it will just be a false alarm and that we're just having a larger than average baby (as both of us were). When we got home, we also noticed that the gynaecologist had written "P90" in the remarks section of our patient file, so that's definitely a lot larger than average. So anyway, I'll be taking the test tomorrow morning. It will take four hours and I'm not allowed to have breakfast, so I'm slightly (okay, very) worried that I'll get sick.

One of our more important baby purchases arrived: the cloth diapers! We went with the bumGenius Elemental. It's an all-in-one diaper (no messing about with inserts) and since they're one size, they should last us until baby's potty-training days. We bought 20 in various colors, so this is a random selection, just to show you what they look like.

 
I'll be washing the diapers about three times this week (they won't have any absorbency if I don't). They'll also need to go in the tumble dryer, which I'm slightly anxious about, but they should be fine. Thanks again, Joke and Sofie, for getting them all the way over here! :-)

We've also checked out another printer (for the birth announcement) which we seem to like better than the first one we talked to. We just have a few more questions that need to be answered and then we'll be closing the deal with them. One more item to check off our list!

1 comment :

  1. Ik hoor op mijn groepje van veel vrouwen dat ze meer harde buiken krijgen en zelfs al een paar met regelmatige "druk" op de onderbuik, maar bij allemaal heeft hun gyn gezegd dat dat normaal is rond deze periode :)
    Niet teveel zorgen maken, is nergens goed voor! :)

    ReplyDelete