Friday, September 20, 2013

Bits & pieces

Some random thoughts from the last few weeks:

1. A couple of weekends ago, Klaas and I joined my parents and brother to a Roman reenactment. It wasn't much in itself, but it was nice to be out. And I'm not gonna lie, those 2 hotdogs didn't hurt either. Now I want another hotdog.

These guys made me want to watch Gladiator again.
 
2. Since the end of August, I've been sooooo ready for fall. I've started wearing sweaters again, even when it's only a little chilly and my favorite poncho is hanging from a chair in the living room instead of in my closet. I didn't have any ankle boots anymore (only flats, pumps and actual knee-high boots), so I bought 4 pairs. These are two of them.
 
 
The stove is turned on and I'm burning apple-cinnamon essential oils. I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation a few days ago (it's only just about one of the best Christmas movies ever made!) and it got me looooonging for the holidays. Seriously. I was thinking that I really want to start decorating my Christmas tree and then I almost started crying because it's too early for that. Can you say "hormones"?
 
 
3. On the other hand, fall is also synonymous with doing your laundry and discovering this:
 
And I was home alone. :(
 
4. This baby does not want to move for Klaas. It's happened numerous times by now that I feel the baby kicking for minutes on end and tell Klaas to put his hand on my stomach, only to realize the baby has completely stopped moving. I think there are two possible explanations for this: a) the baby doesn't like his/her daddy, or b) Klaas has an extremely soothing effect on the baby, lulling the little bun back to sleep by just touching me.
 
5. Klaas and I went to a wedding last Saturday. We like to play dress up.
 
 
6. The new Astrid in Wonderland season is starting tonight and I couldn't be more excited! I loooove this show. Tonight will be kind of sad, though, as we're saying goodbye to John because of the divorce. :( But first: lasagna and a visit to my parents! The other half of our packaging material for the sugar beans has arrived and I want to go check it out.

3 comments :

  1. Ik dacht dat je het over die 2 mannen had toen je zei "those 2 hotdogs didn't hurt either". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allez, 't is dus wel duidelijk wie van ons twee er hier de perverse geest heeft! :P

      Delete