Saturday, July 19, 2014

Changing things up

It has been a long time coming, but now it's official: I am changing things up and starting a new blog. And not just any blog, a Dutch one. I really really really want to create a family journal and if there's one thing I've discovered since Elliot's birth, it's that I don't have that much free time on my hands. And even though it feels like a failure, blogging in English is starting to become a hassle to me. I don't write or speak English very often anymore and I find that I'm searching for words a lot of the time, which makes an English blog feel like too much work for me right now. I eventually also want to write about building a new house from scratch and I already feel overwhelmed thinking about all of the technical lingo I'd have to look up. And possibly the biggest reason of all: it no longer makes any sense to write a family journal in English when that family speaks Dutch.

When you click the link below, you'll also see that I've moved over to WordPress. Not because I wasn't happy with my Blogger blog but because Klaas uses WordPress too. This should make it easier for me if and when I run into any technical problems. :)

So this is it. If you want to keep following our family, click here. It's a public blog and I'm making this one public again as well. This means that you can add the blog to your reader again. I had made it private because of Elliot but now that Klaas is blogging about our baby on a weekly basis, there's really no point in my blog being private anymore.

I hope to see you on the new blog!

No comments :

Post a Comment