Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Decorating for Christmas: part 1

After going out for our maternity shoot and taking my bump picture, Klaas and I finally decorated our Christmas tree. It looks pretty much the same as it did last year.


We hung a bunch of the same ornaments such as these...



We got this ornament when we went to New York on our honeymoon.

... but we also hung some new ones!

This one contains some dried flowers from my wedding bouquet. I also have another one, filled with petals from the bouquet at our civil wedding, but it's less pretty. Apparently white gerberas don't dry as pretty as roses...

We got this ornament when we went to Canterbury in August. I came across it at Canterbury Cathedral and after buying an ornament in New York last year, I thought it would be a nice tradition to bring back fun little ornaments from our trips (not that we go on many of them, but still). This one is actually a tiny nativity scene, which I thought was cool since I can't seem to find an actual set that I like, nor do I have room to actually put one up.
 
Of course I also had to post some pictures on Instagram.
 
I asked Klaas to take some pictures of me setting up the tree and decorating it and casually mentioned something about a time-lapse. Apparently this was all he needed to set up his photography equipment and start taking pictures at 20-second intervals. And what do you know, it even motivated him to help me decorate the tree, a first in the history of our relationship!
 

2 comments :

  1. Your coin ornament and dried bouquet ornaments made me just so excited and yelling out loud, "SUCH A GOOD IDEA!" Does the coin one have certain significance? Money from around the world and places you've visited would be so great for that! And now I'm wishing I'd saved my bouquet.... maybe my mom did? Because that is just genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love posts like these! Ik ben dat ook beginnen doen, ornaments sparen. Die time-lapse video gaat een supertoffe herinnering zijn voor later!

    ReplyDelete