Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week 27

Well hello, Third Trimester. Nice to meet you!


I feel pretty ambiguous about entering my third trimester. On the one hand, I can't wait to finally be able to hold our pretty little baby but on the other hand, I feel sad that my first pregnancy is "almost over". Because I've hit yet another important mark, I also made a picture of what my belly looks like naked.


To me, it looks huge and tiny at the same time: I've never had a belly like this before in my life, but it's nowhere near as big as the bellies that I see on the ladies I know who are as far along as I am.

As for my symptoms, there's not much to report. I still feel the way I did last week, only this week the symphysis pain has really kicked in, especially when I've sat still or lain down for quite some time and then have to get up... It's pelvic pain alright, but up to a few weeks ago that pain was just situated in my lower back. Now it's spread to a region more, let's say, intimate. (TMI, anyone?)

Klaas and I had our second non-medical ultrasound on Friday. We didn't get a lot of clear pictures though, because the baby seems to really enjoy sleeping with the umbilical cord pressed up against its face. Here are some of the best pictures we have:






 
I included that final 2D image because according to our ultrasound technician, the intense white spot on the back of the baby's head is actually its hair. She says the baby will have a lot of hair, because the whiter the spot, the more hair. I would love for our baby to be born with a full head of hair. Fingers crossed!

2 comments :

  1. oh waauw zou super zijn als er zoveel haar is he :)
    Leuke foto's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok mijn definitieve gok is nu jongen.

    ReplyDelete