Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions for 2013

New Year's Eve in my family is pretty traditional. We always go to my grandmother's house for dinner and start the new year together, as a family. This year was no different, except for one thing: I decided to make cookies. I called my grandma and asked if that was okay, because she always makes dessert herself, and she said it was fine. Decision-making, however, is not my best feat, so I ended up making four different batches of cookies and taking them all with me. It was also really fun because I got to try out our mixer. It was a present from my parents for New Year's.

Before. Do you like the pretty pretty color of my mixer?

During

The result
 
From top to bottom, I made: ranger cookies (here), peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (here, but I use 7 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 1/2 cup of light brown sugar instead of 1 cup brown and 1/2 cup regular. I also think 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips is waaay too much -- I use 1/2 cup), cream cheese cookies (here) and fat fluffy snickerdoodles (here). As you can tell from the last three links, I really like the How Sweet It Is website. It's got such good recipes and I've loved every single one I've tried out so far. As for my New Year's Eve cookies, everyone seemed to have a different favorite, so it was a good thing I made four different recipes.

One of the presents I got on New Year's Eve was decorated with a small glittery branch (and no, I can't describe it any better), so I experimented with it a little. I don't like Twilight, but I like how precious and sparkly the vampires in it are.

I would make one hell of a sexy vampire.
 
Now for a slightly more serious subject: resolutions. I hear the trick is to keep them simple and manageable and to not make more than five. I made three and in my opinion they're simple enough to keep, as long as I do my very best.
1. Find more cookie recipes and keep baking my ass off.
2. Blog more. I've been thinking that once or twice a week should not be entirely impossible, so I'll try and stick to that.
3. Be the best wife I can possibly be. How I will achieve this is my business. Well, and Klaas's. :-)

Did you make any resolutions for the new year?

2 comments :