Thursday, December 20, 2012

Our wedding: part 2

We got married on Wednesday but we had our reception on Friday. People always tell you how you should enjoy your wedding day because it's over before you know it. I always thought that was just something everyone says, because let's be honest: a wedding day is actually like 21 hours long and you're exhausted by midnight. Now that everything's over I have to admit the cliché rings true: it truly is a short day and time flies by. Before we knew it, we were at the end of our photoshoot and getting ready to greet our guests. A minute (or what seemed like a minute) later, we were on the dancefloor for our first dance.

Here are some pictures (we're still waiting for our photographer's). A few actually belong in the previous post because they were taken on Wednesday, but oh well. Also, some have the date on them, which kind of sucks, but I'm a Photoshop noob and I can't be bothered to clean them up.

My maids of honor on the far left and right, my make-up artist/baking friend on my right.





Us in a local newspaper. I bet my grandma was proud.

I had the coolest shoes in the history of weddings.

My brother is the cutest baby brother ever. <3
 
My mom and dad. <3

I'm very proud of my idea for a table seating chart, although I probably got it from Pinterest. We had 5 tables and named each of them after a monument/building/cool place in New York City because that's where we're going on our honeymoon. We had Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Central Park (our own table), Brooklyn Bridge and Empire State Building.

My blogging friend who no longer blogs. :'( Her speech was lovely.

And also funny.

Her and her boyfriend. They're one of the most perfect couples I've ever known and I'm so glad to have them in my life. I've only just started to get to know her redheaded hottie, but I already like him so so much. :)

Same goes for these two. I love how awesome she is and I love his dance moves, haha.
They're so mushy it often makes me feel awkward!

Garebear.


My mother-in-law and her husband.


He was voted Best Dutch Blues Harpist in 2010, so he played us a song. :)

Time for Instagram!

Our name cards.


Showing off our wedding rings because WE ARE MARRIED LADIES NOW. That's right, ladies.

We made our menus to match our invitations and table name cards.

Decorated these ourselves, but had the flowers arranged by our florist.







We danced to Baby I'm Yours by Arctic Monkeys.

I'm in love with this picture. Thanks, Joke!


3 comments :

  1. Hahaha. Zalige post, zalige foto's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik zie dit nu pas. Ik moet je echt leren hoe je kan antwoorden op comments via email. :) t Was helemaal niet sarcastisch. Ik word gelukkig van mensen gelukkig te zien. :)

      Delete