Tuesday, December 11, 2012

On excitement

This past week has flown by, what with all the final wedding preparations and work being busy (the exam period has started). Nevertheless, I wanted to give you an update on some little and not-so-little things that have happened this week.

December 3 was our fifth anniversary. Five years sounds like forever, I think. That's half a decade, people! I told Klaas I was making him a present (remember the super secret project I talked about?) and he got all annoyed because he didn't have anything to give to me. Now that our anniversary has come and gone, I can finally show you what our gifts were!

 
 
 
  
 


I made an album that contains 101 reasons why I love Klaas. They range from very serious to utterly ridiculous, but they're still all good reasons. Klaas was impressed and moved by how much time I'd invested in the project.


He got me an iPhone in return. Not quite as sentimental and moving a present as mine, but his motivation to give me one was in fact romantic. He said that he missed me having a smartphone because there's lots of cool stuff we could do if I had one, and it's true! I've already sent him lots of fun pictures and videos of Flo and Juul being cute or funny AND texting each other is free. :) I always made fun of Klaas for wanting an iPhone "just because the guys at work had one", but I'm kind of happy to have one too now. I'm such a hypocrite.

I absolutely love my new winter sweaters.

 
 
I talked about the pants in this post.

From the moment we decided to have a winter wedding, I figured I wouldn't mind the cold on our wedding day. I thought the thrill of getting married and finally being able to wear my wedding dress would keep me warm and excited. Now that winter has arrived I realize I may have been wrong. I woke up to this on Thursday:


An hour later it started snowing again.


Our flowers don't seem to mind the cold though.


Our town looks pretty in winter.

 
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch some tv with Klaas. This time tomorrow we'll be husband and wife!

1 comment :

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh jullie zijn getrouwd. Joepieee! Proficiat! ;) k Vind beide cadeaus heel leuk trouwens! See you Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete